Tuesday, March 15, 2011

The Aerobarre Workout- add weights to ballet and boxing moves for total toning

This workout video comes from Self.com and adds intensity to traditional ballet and boxing moves for a killer total body toning and cardio workout.  This workout requires a 9- to 12-pound body bar for the ballet moves  and 1- to 2-pound dumbbells for the boxing sequences. Do two sets of the indicated reps per move, followed by two-minute rounds of jabs and uppercuts, three times a week on nonconsecutive days.  I don't have a body bar, so I substituted a pair of 5 pound hand weights and a broomstick for the moves that used the bar for balance.  This workout is not only effective, but tons of fun!  I love boxing for releasing the stress of the day, and if I'm mad at anybody, I just imagine their my target- LOL!

Listen to your favorite high energy music during this workout and not only will you tone and tighten every muscle in your body, you'll burn tons of calories and have a blast doing it!
-Michelle of CreativeCritters

No comments:

Post a Comment