Monday, October 11, 2010

Andrus Garden Quilts- floral inspired art quilts

Sue Andrus, the very talented lady behind Andrus Garden Quilts, is inspired by gardens, flowers and the beauty of the world we live in. Surround yourself with the calming joy of nature with artwork large and small that will fit any home. Sue says "A degree in horticulture, and working in that industry have greatly influenced my art. Most of the fabrics I use in my original designs are hand painted and(or) sunprinted by me to achieve colors and textures that can not be found in stores. Sunprinting on fabric can give many surprising results- the paint never dries the same way twice (It really can be fun to watch paint dry), and my gardens supply me with the many flowers and leaves I use for the sunprints. My photos of flowers and more from gardens or in the wild, are now finding their way into my art after I print them onto fabric. The beauty of this earth we have been given to live in, with it's flowers, gardens and rock formations is the inspiration for my fabrics and art. I also produce my own Reproduction Prints and Note Cards of my quilts on quality papers with archival inks."
You can also find Andrus Garden Quilts on TwitterFlickr, andrusgardensquilts.com, and her blog,
Below is just a sample of some of the gorgeous work available in her shop.  She has a lot more where these come from, so be sure to stop in and browse all she has to offer!
My Dream House- 12x12 Art Quilt Mounted on 16x20 CanvasChristmas Rose with Butterfly Art Quilt 8x10Hummingbird Art Quilt Photograph Note Cards- Set of 12- Assorted- #9Orange Oak Leaf Sunprint Mini Art Quilt- 5x7Art Quilt- Delphinium Door- 8.5x11- Stones and Walls SeriesBlue Iris 7- Botanical Applique Art Quilt- 11x14  Let me tell you, it wasn't easy choosing just a few items!  Sue has so many beautiful and unique items in her shop, and it was an absolute pleasure spending time browsing (and adding things to my Christmas list)!
-Michelle of CreativeCritters

No comments:

Post a Comment