Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter!

I just want to wish everyone a happy Easter and share some of my flowers with you!  All of my daffodils are bobbing their sunny yellow heads in the spring breezes now.  Really these are Gramma's daffodils and the bulbs are about 40 years old!  I divided them last year because they were so cramped in the bed behind the house and the bulbs I moved into the front beds bloomed this year.

Such beautiful flowers!  Once my daffodils start blooming I know it's really Spring- no matter what the temperature is!  And then there are my Hyacinths, one of my favorite flowers.  I love the way they smell.  I planted them on either side of the front steps so Gramma could smell them when she stood at the door.

 

And the bees like my Hyacinths too ;-)  And another early Spring bloomer is my Lungwort.  This plant is really cool.  I just got a small clump from my aunt's garden a few years ago and it's spread enough for me to divide it and put it in three other beds.  I love the soft fuzzy leaves with their silvery spots, and the flowers are beautiful shades ranging from pink to blue to purple.

And those are the first flowers to show their pretty faces in my garden.  I hope you enjoyed them as much as I do!  Have a happy Easter! =)

-Michelle of CreativeCritters

No comments:

Post a Comment