Thursday, April 21, 2011

Month 2 Strength Workout for the Self Drop 10 Challenge

I just wanted to share the strength training moves for month 2 of the Self Challenge.  I love working out on the stability because it adds a balance challenge to any move you perform.

Add in your Tabata intervals for cardio and you'll burn tons of calories!  Warm up at an easy pace for 5 minutes.  You can create your own moves if you're working out at home (which is what I do).  I do jumping jacks, high knees, jump rope, butt kicks, jump squats, and a few I make up as I go along.  Perform the move for 20 seconds, giving it all you've got, then rest for 10 seconds.  Repeat this 20/10 cycle eight times, then cool down for 5 minutes at an easy pace.  This gives you a 14 minute workout (not including the strength moves in the video).  If you're like me and want more, you can always add more intervals.  This can be done on the treadmill, elliptical, or other cardio machine too.  I'm able to keep my heart rate at the top of my fat burning zone the entire time I'm working out, and those 10 second rests really do help.  As always, Self has created a great Challenge that will work wonders for your body!
-Michelle of CreativeCritters

No comments:

Post a Comment