Saturday, April 16, 2011

Spring Beauties from the Polymer Clay Smooshers

When I think of Spring I think of flowers blooming, little critters being born, insects coming out of hiberbation, and the whole world waking up from a long winter of cold dreary weather.  I just love this unique pendant from ArtmakersWorlds.  Once I see the first bee of the season I know Spring is really here!

Bee and honeycomb pendant with spring flowers

And this sculpture from Claycatshop pretty much says it all!  This is how I feel when I stand in the warm spring sunshine and feel the fresh breeze blowing through my hair.  A picture is worth a thousand words, but a sculpture is worth at million! ;-)

Harmony, the girl that found her bliss, by Adriana Ayala

And this pendant from DanasJewelryEtc reminds me of the noisy black birds that start chattering in the trees as soon as the weather starts to warm up.  I know the bird in this pendant is actually a parrot, but the first thing that came to mind when I saw it was the black birds in my yard ;-)

Black and White Parrot Head Necklace

And this is only a tiny sample of the wonderful items from the Polymer Clay Smooshers guild that make me think of Spring.  Be sure to stop by these shops and check out everything they have to offer!

-Michelle of CreativeCritters

4 comments:

  1. You chose some great pieces! Spring, yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are great pieces! I for one am so glad spring is finally here! We have bees year round though, I figure it's spring when the towhees descend upon and take over the yard to nest =)
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Michelle, I am sorry I missed this post! I love your collection of Spring pieces! :) :) Happy "early" weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete