Friday, January 8, 2010

Morumoto- adorable handmade plush guinea pigs

This was one of the first shops I checked out after joining ArtFire, and I've been a fan ever since.  Morumoto (which means guinea pig in Japanese) creates plush guinea pigs and mice that are just too cute!  She uses soft faux fur to create these adorable critters and manages to give them each their own personality.  She makes her own patterns, so you know you're purchasing a unique handcrafted critter.  In her biography she says "Although I picked up the needle and thread when I was young, making plushies is something I began doing somewhat recently. It began with my fondness for guinea pigs; simply put, I've only ever found so few cavy items such as figurines and plushies that I decided to make some of my own. I craft my plush critters carefully by hand, creating a life-like portrayal that captures the feel as well as the appearance of my subjects. My crafting endeavors have already turned towards other rodents, such as mice, rats, hamsters, and and I won't be satisfied until I have made a plushie of most if not all rodents. I'm constantly searching for more materials and ideas."


She can also be found on deviantArt, her blog, Flickr, Facebook, and Twitter.  Below is sample of some of the adorable plushies you can find in her shop.  Be sure to stop in to see everything she has to offer!


Guinea Pig Ornament - Blue StripesBaby Guinea Pig Plushie - Red and White RexGuinea Pig Plushie - SilverBaby Guinea Pig Plushie - PinkieBaby Guinea Pig Plushie - Black RoanMouse Plushie - Grey FoxBaby Guinea Pig Plushie - Long-Haired Black & WhiteMouse Plushie - House Mouse


They look so real!


-Michelle of CreativeCritters

No comments:

Post a Comment