Thursday, July 29, 2010

CatsWire not only sculpts with polymer clay, but crochets wire!

Featuring fellow Polymer Clay Smoosher CatsWire

Cat, of CatsWire on ArtFire.com, has always been fascinated by jewelry.  She's a fellow member of the Polymer Clay Smooshers guild and creates some very unique pieces incorporating polymer clay.  She also does something I find just amazing- she crochets with wire!  As if regular crocheting weren't difficult enough!  And to top that she knits wire with a spool or needles, and even combines the techniques.  The resulting jewelry is just amazing, especially when she adds polymer clay into her jewelry designs.  Her one of a kind pieces are made using different colors of sterling or fine silver and copper wire.  She also makes some really cool polymer clay sculptures and miniatures.  Cat is certainly a multi- talented lady!  Her customers certainly like the great service and wonderful items they have recieved from her!  Here's what a few of them have said "Your are the queen of silver knitting baskets! :) Love my new necklace", "I just received the necklaces and I love them. They are so, so beautiful. I am looking forward to wearing mine over Christmas, and my friend is going to love hers too. And thank you for the matching bracelet, it fits perfectly" and " Thanks Cat! I love the pieces. I expect that my daughter will want the ones I got and I will be back to buy more later. They arrived well packaged and in a short time after coming from Germany".  Not only is Cat a very talented artist, but a pleasure to do business with!  You can also find CatsWire online at catswire.blogspot.com, Flickr, Facebook, and Twitter.
She's got a shop FULL of great items, and I've chosen just a few of my favorites to share here.  Visit her shop and spend a little time browsing- you'll love what you find!
Polymer clay sculpture - Little mermaid on a rockPurple wire crochet flower in polymer clay bowlPolymer clay ladybug on leaf - Messenger of luckSilver wire crochet ring - A roses scentPolymer clay pendant - Night flightSilver plated wire crochet cat head pendant - kitty lineSmall wire crochet bowl with polymer clay fruitPolymer clay white whale with rowing boat - Toby MickUnique wire crochet flower bracelet - Hippie cuff
What an awesome variety of amazing pieces!  Of course I really love all the cat jewelry. Wink
-Michelle of CreativeCritters

2 comments:

  1. I love her work! She creates some very unique beautiful pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the lovely post!

    ReplyDelete