Friday, July 2, 2010

Featuring DawnMarie of Into the Dawn on ArtFire

I just love Into The Dawn's unique polymer clay creations! DawnMarie is a fellow member of the ArtFire Polymer Clay Smooshers guild, and her work has often inspired my own sculptures. Her biography reads "I am a creative spirit and self-taught multi-media artist. My work is inspired by nature, fantasy, mythology and different cultures and spiritual paths from around the world.
I was formally trained in floral design when I was in my twenties, and specialized in wedding work and silk floral design for many years. Nowadays, typical craftiness for me includes: thread crochet, rubber stamping, digital photography and glass etching. I dabble in calligraphy, candlemaking, sewing, drawing Celtic knot work, collage and creative journaling as well.
Currently, the main focus of my art work is in creating unique polymer clay pieces. I love to incorporate lots of rich colors and interesting textures in my designs. I also like to bring elements of my other interests, like Celtic knot work and rubber stamping, into my polymer creations." And her clay creations are just beautiful- full of color and feeling. You can find Into The Dawn online at http://into-the-dawn.blogspot.com/, Flickr, Facebook, and Twitter.
Below are a few of my favorite items from Dawn's shop (I'd show them all if I had room!). Be sure to visit her shop and see everything Into The Dawn has to offer. These pieces are beautiful, one of a kind creations.
Hearts Afire Sculpted Phoenix Polymer Clay BroochSwirling Starfish Polymer Clay ATC ACEOPink Spring Bud Sculpted Polymer Clay Leaf Pendant NecklaceDay of the Dead Skull Mask Wall PlaqueEgyptian Scarab Beetle EarringsGreen Pearl Rosette Pendant NecklaceTotally 80s Mica Shift NecklaceHarlequin Queen Mask PinFuchsia & Purple Rippled Heart Pendant Necklace
And there are plenty more beauties where these came from!
-Michelle of CreativeCritters

4 comments:

  1. Great post for a wonderful artist :)

    Jennifer of CraftyBabyHope

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for your wonderful post! Glad you enjoyed browsing my shop-- I always get a lot of inspiration from seeing your work as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post about a talented artisan.

    ReplyDelete