Friday, February 19, 2010

Roxys Rox- handmade artisan jewelry and more

Roxys Rox, on ArtFire.com was opened 1-23-09.  Her studio announcement reads: "FREE STANDARD SHIPPING ON ALL ITEMS!!!! I am a 54 year old mom of 5 and grandma of 5. I make fashion jewelry and I am trying to get a business started doing what I love to do, creating and selling my handmade jewelry. I love working with beads, wire, poly clay. I am dabbling in chainmaille. I have made a few things and most have sold. I live in the most beautiful part of the United States, North Idaho, where the mountains are gorgeous!! I work full time at an online, catalog and retail clothing company as a web customer service agent."  Her work is just beautiful, and very professionally made.


Roxanne's biography says "I started making jewelry about 2 years ago. It all started with my passion for polymer clay and seeing what can be done with it. Then the company I work for came out with a bracelet I looked at and said to a coworker that I could do that and she told me to do it. So I did and they started selling like hotcakes at work. I do most of my selling at work for the time being. My coworkers keep telling me that I need to do a product submission to my company and I keep telling them that I could not make it fast enough to sell it through my company. I get told all the time that my work is of better quality than what we sell. Sssshhhh.... don't tell them that!!!!"  She really has done some wonderful things with polymer clay (my favorite medium), and I can certainly see why people like her work so much!


Roxanne is a fellow member of the Polymer Clay Smooshers Guild and can also be found on Facebook, Flickr, Twitter, and MySpace.  Below is a sample of some of her wonderful work.  Be sure to stop by her studio and take advantage of her free shipping!


Caged Amethyst NecklaceSummers Over Blue NecklacePink and Gray fingerless glovesByzantine BeautyPurple Pendant Necklace


-Michelle of CreativeCritters

No comments:

Post a Comment