Monday, March 8, 2010

Acadienne offers a large variety of lovely needlework

Acadienne on ArtFire.com sells handknit, crochet and hardanger embroidery items such as socks and leg warmers, kitchen baskets, scarves, shawls, and items for your kitchen and bathroom.  Her studio announcement reads "Bienvenue! Are you sick of gift baskets that have mostly straw filler? Look-alike scarves and shawls? Mass-produced Christmas decorations? Then you are at the right place, since almost all my items are truly one-of-a-kind, and 100% hand knit, crocheted or embroidered, all with my personal touch. From now until Christmas, unless it's a basket, it ships free! If you don't see the color you want, just contact me for a custom order."


She says "I really am a female Acadian by heritage, on both sides, and moved to the desert from the northeast coast almost 26 years ago. Currently working night shift at a small elder care facility and have a lot of time to create my needlework. An equal number of items go to local charity each month, preemie clothes, dolls, and chemo hats. There aren't too many techniques I don't know how to do in needlework, including hardanger, and I almost never go anywhere without a project. I put my work down for church choir, work, and to drive my visually handicapped husband wherever he needs to go."


Below is just a sample of some of the great items you can find in her shop.


Ladies Knitted Wool Blend Socks size 7-8, blue/green multiGift basket for a new babyDainty flowers spa basketDeep Blue Sea Crocheted Cotton WrapFancy Panties Coozie, choice of color and trim


And there's plenty more where these come from!


-Michelle of CreativeCritters

No comments:

Post a Comment