Friday, March 12, 2010

Spring Fever!

Although it's only March the temps reached near 70 today, which is unusually warm for NE Ohio. I wasn't complaining though! I've been cooped up indoors all winter, and was suffering a severe case of spring fever. So I took advantage of this beautiful day (and the fact that there were no appointments today) and went for my first walk of the season. Ahh, bliss! The sun felt so good on my skin, and there was just enough breeze to keep me from getting too hot. I felt like a caged animal being set free- LOL. I'm a very outdoorsy kind of person, and am generally happiest when I'm outside. My body wanted to run, but I have to force myself to walk. Running is just too hard on my knee. Imagine a racehorse champing at the bit and the rider having to rein him in- I was the horse- lol. That was the most refreshing hour I've had in quite a while. I need that every so often. Of course I wasn't the only one enjoying this great weather. Plenty of other people were out walking their dogs, riding bikes, and doing yard work. My yard is still too wet to do much yard work, yet another good reason to go out for a walk.
The one sad thing about my walk was all the new homes up for sale. It's only been about three months since I last took a stroll around the neighborhood, but in that short period of time quite a few homes have added For Sale signs to their yards. There's just no work in this area, and that fact is really starting to take it's toll on the residents here. I can only pray that the economy improves soon, for myself as well as my friends and neighbors.
On the positive side, I did get to see many of my canine friends. I know some of the dogs around here better than I know their owners. So far every dog I've met has been friendly. Hopefully I'll have my own dog to walk soon. I met my neighbor's new puppy yesterday (and fell instantly in love). She got a Morkie (Maltese Yorkie) around Christmas time. She's such a sweet little pup! Animals just make life so much better. How can you watch a cute puppy frolicking around and smile?
Well, now that I've had my fun, I suppose it's time I got some work done. Thanks for stopping by and sharing my day :)
-Michelle of CreativeCritters

No comments:

Post a Comment