Monday, September 13, 2010

Fall is in the air

 Scarecrow in the Pumpkin Patch sculpture
It's starting to feel like Fall already.  In some ways I really love Fall: I love the way air smells, and the beautiful Autumn colors, the way the bees are grabbing all the pollen they can get.  And in other ways Fall makes me sad.  I know it means winter isn't far off, and winters in NE Ohio can be downright depressing- cold, gray, and bleak for months on end.  Fall now makes me think of my brother Jeff, who died in October.  It's been a few years now, but I still miss him.  Usually my creativity ramps up a few notches as Fall approaches as well.  I end up spending more time indoors as the weather cools (and I finish my garden chores for another season).  This year I'll be moving my craft area upstairs, and will actually have a room dedicated to my crafts.  Things are certainly very different this year.  Gramma passed away in May, and I'm still cleaning and sorting through her things.  It's not an easy job, but it needs to be done.  Yes, change is certainly in the air.  I saw a sign at a nearby church that read "Life is change, growth is choice".  Very true.  Sometimes I find it hard to believe just how much my own life has changed in the last few years.  I choose to grow with those changes though, and try to become a better person.  For me, Autumn is also a time to look back.  For the garden, I look back over the season and try to see where I made mistakes, and where I made good choices that resulted in healthier plants and a better harvest.  I tend to do the same for other areas of my life as well.  I know a lot of people make their big changes and resolutions in January.  For me, Fall seems to be when I start making changes, and do some serious thinking about what needs to change.  Yeah, a lot of deep thoughts going on over here.
-Michelle of CreativeCritters

1 comment:

  1. I love Fall and have been chomping at the bit to start my decorating. I try to wait till the weekend mid month of September and it is soooo hard. I shift them all season and love it. I will be looking at more decore later this week so I will keep this in mind.

    ReplyDelete