Saturday, December 18, 2010

Check out these awesome gifts I found on ArtFire!

I must say, I do love shopping on ArtFire!  I found some really awesome handcrafted gifts for my family.  Emily, of Exquisite Studios, makes beautiful jewelry and candle holders.  I happened to catch one of her posts in the forum about a free gift with a purchase.  Since I was looking for something special for my aunt I figured I'd take a browse through her shop.  Her Green Pebble candle holder caught my eye right away, especially the picture of the candle light glowing through the glass.
Green Pebble Candleholder
My aunt burns candles all the time, and I know she'll love this beautifully made candle holder.  And the earrings I got as a free gift are just lovely.  I love them so much I wear them all the time.  I've known Emily ever since I joined ArtFire and not only is she a talented artist, but a truly wonderful person.  Stop by her shop and check out her jewelry and candle holders- you won't be disappointed!
While searching for a gift for my Aunt Merle I found KeriMae who creates adorable felted animals and birds, crocheted items, jewelry, purses, and sock dolls.  Aunt Merle collects bird houses and birds, so I had plenty of great items to choose from in this shop.  Out of the many felted birds KeriMae offers I chose this pretty Blue Jay ornament.  He actually matches the polymer clay bird house that I made for her last year!
Bird Christmas Ornament-Blue Jay- Handmade-Needle felted-Decoration
I know she doesn't have anything like this either, and I enjoy giving unique gifts.
While shopping for the cousins' husbands I found Mountain Brook Store and Sandra Healy. Mountain Brook Store makes wooden silhouettes.  Rich enjoys deer hunting, so I think he'll like this deer silhouette.   I love the large variety of animal silhouettes offered from this shop, as well as all the other types of silhouettes they make.
Pair of Deer Decorative Wood Silhouette Great Gift
Sandra Healy is another artist who makes animals.  She creates small wild animal sculptures and magnets, hand carved and painted from her own original designs.  I just adore every critter in her shop!  She's got so many different animal sculptures and magnets to choose from.  everything from kangaroos, to snow leopards, to this cool Bald Eagle magnet I got for Jay.
Bald Eagle Magnet Carved Wood Relief Sculpture
It's got two strong magnets on the back and is beautifully detailed.  I think everyone will be very happy with their gifts this year!  And I have all these shops bookmarked, and will certainly return any time I need great handmade gifts.  Each of these artists was a pleasure to deal with, offered fast shipping and great communication.  Check out everything they have to offer!
Happy Holidays!
-Michelle of CreativeCritters

No comments:

Post a Comment