Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas with family

I spent Christmas with my husband's family and had a great time yesterday!  He's got a large family, and they're all very close and loving.  The aunts always put together a huge feast with lots of delicious food.  Most people, myself included, bring a little something extra for dinner.  Kathy is famous for her coleslaw and macaroni and cheese, and desserts are always appreciated from anyone- LOL!  I usually make something different every year- this year it was banana bread, and I'm already thinking about what to make for next year.  John made a really nice Christmas Tree shaped cake, and that's got me thinking about different holiday cakes I could make.  The creativity just never stops- LOL!
Of course there were tons of presents, especially for all the little ones. I think there were toys from one end of that house to the other!  No one is ever forgotten in this family though.  They all make sure everyone gets something.  That's one reason I love creating and giving gifts to all of them.  It's just another way for me to thank them for being such kind, generous people.   Everyone loved all the gifts I got on ArtFire, and a few shops may end up with some after Christmas sales- I made sure to give out cards for all the shops I got gifts from.  They really liked the gifts that I made as well.  I made this cute little Santa Cat sculpture for Sue.  She's another animal lover and has rescued MANY cats and found good homes for countless critters over the years.


For Andy, Lynn, and Sonya I made personalized mini spa tins.  I covered metal coffee tins with fabric and made name plates from polymer clay.  I filled the tins with samplers from Norma's Bath and Body.  Those were some delicious smelling gifts!
I knit warm winter hats for Pa, Don, and Bill (all different, of course) and they enjoyed those, especially since this has been such a cold winter already.  Pa lives in Tennessee, and these NE Ohio winters hit him pretty hard.  He usually only stays for a few days when he and his daughter visit in the winter.
So my Christmas was filled with fun, family, laughter, and food.  I hope everyone else had a wonderful holiday as well!
-Michelle of CreativeCritters

No comments:

Post a Comment