Thursday, March 31, 2011

The Self diet and weight loss Drop 10 Challenge

It's that time of year again- time for the the Self Challenge.  This year they're calling it the Self Drop 10 Challenge, and they have all the tools you need to lose 10 pounds in 5 weeks.  This program is free, and anyone can sign up.  They offer a variety of meal plans and workouts to help you lose weight, but still feel satisfied.  This interval workout is intense, and challenges me in new ways.  Normally I do 3 sets of 16 reps when doing strength training exercises, but with this workout you do 20 seconds of the exercise, then rest 10 seconds, and repeat 8 times.  So you end up doing more, yet those short intervals seem manageable.  After I complete the interval workout I do another hour or so on the elliptical, or add some other type of cardio exercise to increase the calorie burn.  I alternate the interval workout with less challenging workouts six days a  week, with one day off to rest.

I've joined the Challenge for the last 10 years or so, and every year I've managed to lose any extra weight I've gained over the winter and tone up in time to slip back into my bikini.  And every year Self manages to challenge me in new ways.  Follow the plan and you WILL lose weight!
-Michelle of CreativeCritters

No comments:

Post a Comment