Wednesday, March 16, 2011

A treasure box guarded by dragons

I managed to finish the Dragon trinket box I've been creating for my best friend's son.  It's now ready to be shipped for his birthday.  This piece took MANY hours to complete (all those scales were cut out one by one and carefully attached to each dragon), but it was totally worth the effort.  After I finished sculpting Mother and Father dragon, I went to work on Baby Dragon.   His scales are blue and green, a combination of his mother and father, of course!  Each dragon is a unique individual though, with their own personality ;-)
I used blue glass beads for his eyes and rubbed silver Pearl Ex powder on his belly scales, wings, and claws.  The dragons are just hanging out with their friend the Dragon Kitty, and guarding all the treasures that might be in the box.

I stamped Morgan's name on the lid to make it even more personalized and special.

On the back I added a plaque with the word "treasure" stamped on it.  All of Morgan's extra special treasures will be well protected by this family of dragons!  I only wish I could be with him when he opened it up.  Unfortunately Monica and her family live out of state, and I don't get to see them nearly as often as I'd like.  Special gifts like these bring them a little closer though, and they'll always be able to look the gifts I've made them and think of me.  I hope all the love I put into this comes through every time Morgan looks at this special treasure box!  Thanks for coming along on another creative journey!
-Michelle of CreativeCritters

No comments:

Post a Comment