Friday, April 3, 2009

organization


I finally got my card catalog from husband's uncle today. It's got 10 long narrow drawers and has a perfect surface for me to trace patterns on. See, my problem is always that I don't have enough storage space for all my "stuff". I've got a lot of "stuff": clay, cutters, tools, jewelry findings, beads, thread, needles, buttons, you get the idea. Now I'll finally have a place for all the little things that tend to get lost in the jumble. I find it's so much easier to create when I don't have to deal with clutter everywhere. Plus when things are organized I can actually find what I'm looking for! Of course I've still got plenty of organizing to do, but the weather's supposed to be pretty miserable for the next few days, so I'll be stuck indoors anyway. And I'll have my cat, Ozzy's help. He enjoys supervising when I clean and sort. He has to be sure to check out everything that gets moved. He makes housework more enjoyable! He had to thoroughly investigate the card catalog when I brought it in. Thankfully he's good about not jumping on my crafting tables and such. So anyway, I'll likely be organizing all my craft supplies tomorrow. Actually that can be fun. I often unearth things I'd forgotten I had. Then seeing all the craft things tends to give me ideas for new projects. As if I don't have enough ideas! I'm currently working on three separate projects: a plush male WoW Tauren, a knit bunny (that I want to complete before Easter), and butterfly beads that will probably become earrings and maybe a necklace. And there are tons of other ideas in my head for new sculptures, jewelry, knit toys, WoW characters, everything imaginable. At least I can be more organized while juggling all these projects. More later- thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment