Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Look what I got in the mail today!

One of my dear friends, also a wonderful polymer clay artist, Victor, of  WireRunsThroughIt on ArtFire.com sent me these two books because he thought I might get some use out of them.  Polymer Clay Extravaganza by Lisa Pavelka has 21 projects showing how to incorporate beads, foil, rubber stamping, and wire to create unique decorative effects (and you know I am all about UNIQUE).  This book has projects to create jewelry, picture frames, greeting cards, garden accessories, and much more.  Create a Polymer Clay Impression by Sarajane Helm has 20 different projects such as miniatures, jewelry, masks, home decor, and unique gifts.  I can see myself having a lot of fun with both these books.  I was so happy when the mail came today (this beats bills any day- LOL!).  Even Calcifer gave his approval by trying to eat the books, then trying to fit his fluffy butt in the padded mailer.  Now of course my head is full of new ideas and projects I want to try. I can't thank him enough for his thoughtfulness!  Victor really is a great guy and an absolutely amazing artist.  He inspires me all the time and his work just blows me away.  Check out some of the stuff in his shop.

Polymer Clay Pendant, Lapis, Nautical InspiredBarrette, Miniature Mask, Cameroon InspiredScatter Pin, Mayan, Hieroglyphs, InspiredBracelet, Cuff, African Inspired, Nubian QueenSingle Earring For Him, ShellNecklace/Earrings Set, Wire WrappedNecklace Avatar Inspired, Polymer Clay, Mokume GaneChandelier Earrings, Shell, Hoot Owl,What this man can do with clay and wire just blows my mind!  This stuff is not easy to create, and takes many hours of work and attention to detail.  This is definitely wearable art and will get you noticed!  I know I get tons of compliments every time I wear the barrette and earrings I got from Victor.  Check out his blog for some great tutorials- he's even willing to share his vast knowledge with anyone interested!  You can also follow WireRunsThroughIt on IndiePublic, Facebook, and Twitter.   Victor is a great guy and a very talented artist with a shop FULL of wonderful wearable art.
-Michelle of CreativeCritters

No comments:

Post a Comment