Friday, August 13, 2010

Lots of Zucchini? Here's a great recipe!

Baked zucchini bites

I originally posted this recipe last year, but thought I'd share it with my new readers.  This is the time of year when we gardeners seem to end up with more zucchini than we know what to do with.  While I really like zucchini bread, it does get boring after a while. After a little experimenting,  I came up with a new recipe for zucchini. Nothing is actually measured, and all the seasonings can be adjusted or substituted as desired. First I take a medium (7"-10") zucchini, wash it, and remove the seeds. I don't peel most of my vegetables because that's where the majority of the vitamins are. I then cut it into 1/2" pieces. Next I dredge it in a mixture of bread (or cracker) crumbs, Parmesan cheese, dried chives, onion powder, garlic powder, and salt. Then I dip it in beaten eggs, and dredge again in the bread crumb mixture. Then I bake it on a foil covered baking sheet sprayed with non stick cooking spray at 350 for about 30 minutes, or until nicely browned. This is absolutely delicious, and completely customizable. Leftovers can be reheated in the oven and taste just as good the next day. I also used this recipe for eggplant, with the same yummy results. I just wanted to share this quick, easy, and delicious recipe with everyone. Please feel free to comment with recipes of your own! I love to cook, and I'm often as creative in the kitchen as I am in the craft room. Thanks for reading!  Hope you enjoyed this as much the second time around ;-)
-Michelle of CreativeCritters

No comments:

Post a Comment