Wednesday, June 8, 2011

New from CreativeCritters- Catnip Mats!

I just added a brand new catnip item to CreativeCritters- hand knit Catnip Mats.  Cats can use these soft mats as a bed or pillow, or just roll around on the catnip scented mat.  These were inspired by my own cat, Cedric.  Cedric's about 13 years old, and although he still loves his catnip, he doesn't play with the toys as much as he used to.  He's one of those cats who enjoys just laying on a pile of catnip.  He also loves laying on my knit blanket, so I figured I'd make him his own knit bed stuffed with catnip.  Once it was finished and I put it on the floor for Cedric's approval it took about two seconds for him to claim it as his own!

And when Cedric isn't sleeping on it Calcifer takes his turn.
Seeing how happy this creation made my kitties, I knew I had to make some for my shop.  This one was knit holding two strands of blue and one strand of gray yarn together.  When I knit using several strands of yarn it makes a very thick, soft fabric.
This bed measures 16 inches long and 12 inches wide and is about an inch thick in the center.  I sewed a fabric lining and stuffed it wirth several large handfuls of my own organic dried catnip.  Then I securely sewed the lining in the knit pillow.  The edges have a crocheted border.  I made this one a little larger than Cedric's to be sure it would be big enough for large cats.  Cedric weighs about 20 pounds and is a very big boy, but he fits comfortably on his mat.  Having in house product testers is very handy!  So if you want to make your kitty happy, and give him the best bed ever, get him a Catnip Mat from CreativeCritters!
Thanks for stopping by!
-Michelle of CreativeCritters

No comments:

Post a Comment