Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Sold my first Dragon necklace!



I'm so happy!  I just sold my first Dragon necklace!  I kind of went out on a limb when I created these, but the idea came to me as I was sifting through my many beads, and I just had to create these cool fantasy necklaces.  The dragon is sculpted in polymer clay and each scale is individually cut from the clay and carefully placed on the dragon.  The necklaces measure about 19" long and I use a combination of glass and acrylic beads.  The Red and Gold Dragon necklace was particularly challenging because I used 2 strands of beads, something I've never tried before.  It took quite a bit of trial and error before I was completely happy with the way it looked, but they got easier after the first one.  I still have 3 more Dragon necklaces available, and plan to create more.  This is my Blue and Green Dragon Necklace. The necklace measures 19" long and the dragon measures 4 1/2" wide and 3 1/2" tall.


Blue and Green Dragon necklace


This is my Green and Yellow Dragon Necklace.  The necklace is 21" long and the dragon measures 4" tall and 3 1/2" long.


Green and Yellow Dragon Necklace


And this is my Green and Orange Dragon Necklace that measures 21" long, with the dragon measuring 4" tall and 2 1/2" wide.


Green and Orange Dragon necklace


These necklaces allow you to wear a one of a kind piece of fantasy artworkSmile.  Thanks for stopping by, and be sure to check back for new additions!


-Michelle of CreativeCritters


No comments:

Post a Comment