Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Special Order Purple Dragon Christmas Ornament


For the last several days I've been working on a special order dragon ornament.  The customer saw my dragon necklaces, but since this was a present for her mother, who doesn't wear jewelry, she wanted to know if I could make one as an ornament.  Better yet, she wanted it in purple, which is my favorite color.  These dragons are completely my own design, and each is one of a kind, which is part of their charm.  The most time consuming part of these creations is cutting out the hundreds of variegated scales and carefully placing them on the dragon.  When I create special orders, I strive to create the most wonderful piece I can, and this dragon was no exception.  I used mulitifaceted fire polished beads for his eyes, which catch the light in the most amazing way.  I also sculpted his fangs and claws from glow in the dark clay, for added interest and fun.  The dragon is holding his own special treasure in the form of two glass beads in blue and gold.  Not only do I try to create a wonderful piece, but I try to complete the project as soon as possible, especially around the holidays.  Below are some pictures of my Purple and Gold Dragon Ornament.  I liked this one so much I may have to create another for myself! Wink I truly enjoy making custom orders, so please feel free to contact me if you'd like me to create something special just for you.  Thanks for stopping by!


Reserve Listing for Connie Purple and Gold Dragon Christmas ornamentReserve Listing for Connie Purple and Gold Dragon Christmas ornament


-Michelle of CreativeCritters

No comments:

Post a Comment