Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Jennuine Candles makes beautiful palm wax candles

JennuineCandles opened on ArtFire.com 2-6-09.  Her Studio Announcement reads: "WELCOME TO JENNUINECANDLES - specializing in 100% Palm Wax Candles
NOW FEATURING A WOOD WICK - I LOVE this new wick! You can now enjoy the subtle crackle of a fireplace within your candle! These all natural wooden wicks are made from an organic hardwood and provide a clean burn, a quicker wax pool melt and an outstanding scent throw which complements the Palm Wax very nicely!
GENUINE QUALITY
Every candle I make is hand crafted and hand poured with 100% natural palm wax, high grade liquid candle dyes and the premium quality fragrance oil available on the market.
GENUINE BEAUTY
While many candle makers mix their waxes and add artificial stabilizers, I do not. I only use 100% natural palm wax without artificial stabilizers. The beautiful crystallized appearance is a natural occurrence with palm wax.
GENUINE FRAGRANCE
I consistently pour my candles at the optimum temperature to "lock in" the fragrance. What you smell on the top is what you get in the middle and is what you get at the bottom of your candle.
PALM WAX...A NOTCH ABOVE THE REST
- Palm wax is a 100% natural and sustainable wax produced from palm oil, which comes from the fruit of the oil palm tree.
- The oil palm tree is nature's highest yielding oil crop, grown primarily in the tropical areas of Asia, America and Africa.
- More importantly, the palm wax used in every one of my candles is obtained from suppliers that are partnered with the Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil to prevent deforestation.
- Palm wax is also cleaner burning than paraffin wax, resulting in less soot production and a significantly reduced potential for harmful emissions.
- Palm wax candles burn longer, have a superior ability to "hold" fragrance and have a whiter flame than paraffin candles. And, it cleans up easily with soap and water."


Artisan Biography for jennuinecandles: "ABOUT JENN and the CREATION of JENNUINECANDLES
By day and for the past 13 years, I have been an Occupational Therapist. I currently work with the older adult population in an assisted living/memory care environment, but have worked in pediatrics as well . I have the opportunity, on a daily basis, to maximize the lives of our residents and to help them live a higher quality of life. Rewarding? Most definitely. Stressful? Unfortunately. Over the course of my career, I have experienced countless moments of joy and sorrow which has led me to understand the true meaning of living life for every moment. And with this, I opened myself up to the "art" of art. Over the past 4 years, my husband and I have become photography hobbyists; I absolutely enjoy capturing the beautiful creations of nature and we go on adventures as often as possible. I have dabbled in the crafts of sewing and jewelry making, as well. And most recently, in a desire to continue expanding my creative side, I started making Palm Wax candles. When I first started out making my candles, I only intended on making them for friends and family, and of course for my enjoyment as well. That is until my husband took a few of my candles to work to burn at his desk while he was working and then my "business" kind of bloomed from there. His co-workers started asking if I could make candles for them and then my co-workers got wind of my new creations and they started placing orders and the orders just kept coming from there, thus the creation of jennuinecandles."


You can also find Jenn at JennuineCandles.com, JennuineCandles09.blogspot.com, Facebook, Twitter, and IndiePublic.  Below is a sample of the beautiful candles she creates.  Her customers have raved about the quality and delightful scents.  Stop in and see all she has to offer!


Rind or Reason - 4 ounce Wickless Palm Wax Candle with Daisy LidOrchard Journey - 9 ounce Palm Wax Candle


Tropical Splash -  Palm Wax Scalloped Tarts/Melts (6)Ooh La La - 9 ounce Palm Wax CandleOcean Breeze - 9 ounce Palm Wax CandleCitrus Bloom - 8 ounce Palm Wax Candle in Flower PotHorse & Buggy - 9 ounce Palm Wax Candle


-Michelle of CreativeCritters


 


 

1 comment: