Friday, August 21, 2009

WoodNGoods on ArtFire makes amazing wooden creations!

WoodNGoods of Rosecommon, MI opened on ArtFire.com 12-8-08.  This shop offers some of THE MOST AMAZING wooden scroll saw artwork, as well as wool mittens made from recycled sweaters.  The Studio Announcement reads: "Made in Michigan Wood Scroll Saw Art and More
I like to think of what I do as Painting with Wood. Many of my items have no coloring added - just the grain and natural color of the wood species. At times leather dyes are used along with the shaping of the wood to provide depth and interest. I will ship internationally, but because many countries will not allow wood items to be imported, you must contact me for shipping information. Thanks!"


Artisan Biography for WoodNGoods:

"I've been woodworking since the late 1990's, selling items at craft shows and over the internet. Some of my designs can be seen in Scrollsaw Woodworking and Crafts magazine!  The wood I use in my projects come from a variety of places (rarely from the big box stores):

* I went to a custom flooring store and was able to get a box of their cut-offs, saving them from being burnt or put into the landfills. The exotic woods I picked up there are beautiful in color, but I don’t always know the species.

* The Redwood I use in projects was salvaged from when our church was remodeled back in the early 1990’s. Some of the original Redwood logs were removed from the church, and I was able to get some of the lumber!

* I also use other reclaimed or scrap wood in my projects."

I really like the fact that she recycles and reuses wood for her beautiful creations.  Somehow I think it gives the pieces more personality, and of course it keeps perfectly good wood out of our landfills.

WoodNGoods can be found at woodngoodsblogspot.com as well as woodngoods.artfire.com.  Below is a sample of some of the wonderful work you'll find in her shop.  Stop by to see all she has to offer!

Dracula Vampire MagnetWooden Lion Wallhanging - segmentation styleWool Mittens from Recycled Sweater lined with fleeceGreen Wool Mittens from Recycled Sweaters.  Size MediumIntarsia Angel  woodRocking Horse ornamentMoo Shoo - Wooden Dragon MirrorTug - Wood Intarsia Draft Horse hangingIntarsia Chicken wallhanging

-Michelle of CreativeCritters

4 comments:

  1. I love the wooden dragon mirror! That's incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for featuring me!
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get your access to 16,000 woodworking sketches.

    Teds Woodworking has more than 16,000 woodworking plans with STEP BY STEP instructions, photos and drafts to make every project laughably easy!

    ReplyDelete