Friday, June 5, 2009

The Beautiful Work of Kraftouch Treasures on Artfire.com

Marilou, of KraftouchTreasures on Artfire.com, hails from lovely Honolulu, Hawaii.  She opened her shop on ArtFire  12-22-08.  She moved from architechture to jewelry making in order to spend more time time with her 2 children, ages 12 and 10.  Marilou is a self taught jewelry designer and learned design and technique by browsing through books and magazines.  She was also an instructor/ demonstrator on a TV show called Hawaii's Hobbies and Crafts.  This allowed her to explore the world outside her studio.  She teaches jewelry classes as well.  Marilou says, "I have truly found the simple pleasures of life and enjoy making jewelry away from the complicated demands of the construction world which I have given up to attend to the needs of my 2 girls.  From drafting board to bead board, my passion for crafting and jewelry making is such a treasure I hold close to my heart because it allowed me to enjoy the wonderful growing years of my 2 girls."  And that is where her company name, Kraftouch Treasures, comes from.  You can also find her blog at KraftouchTreasures.blogspot.com.  Below are a few of my favorite pieces from her shop.  Click on the pictures to go to her studio.


ROSE GUARDIAN ANGEL EARRING-AFSPButterfly in the Meadow- VioletaBlushing Heart Earring- AFSPMystic Dragonfly Pin-Summer YellowFreeform Shell Clover Necklace-Victorian PinkPurple Gum drops earringWhite Hibiscus May Day BraceletPurple/Amethyst Freeform Necklace- SOLD to Tina


-Michelle of CreativeCritters

No comments:

Post a Comment