Saturday, June 6, 2009

Rocky Creek Gems offers stunning jewelry

Linda McMurray lives in Texas with her husband, 6 dogs, and 3 cats.  On 11-20-08 she opened Rocky Creek Gems, which is named for the creek that runs through 86 acres of their family property.  Linda has been making things for as long as she can remember.  She enjoys working with gemstones, beadwork, knitting, crocheting, quilting, sewing, and embroidery.  As a former middle school science teacher she likes making use of unusual items.  She's also the author of 2 wild crafting booklets available through Texas Parks.  Her customers think she is a wonderful seller and have said "I love my crocheted hearts!  They are fabulous!  Great shipping experience", "Great things!  Your work is great!", and "Thank you for the fast shipping of my order.  Your work is outstanding!  The pieces are more than beautiful!  Thank you for sharing your talented gifts of beading!"  One look in her shop and you'll agree- Linda is an amazing artist!  As I was browsing through her items I found myself saying WOW! quite often.  Her pieces truly are outstanding.  She also has a blog at RockyCreekGems.blogspot.com, which I found quite interesting and fun to read.  Here are just a few of my favorites from her shop.  Click on the pictures to visit her studio and see all that she has to offer.


Blue and Purple Freshwater Pearl NecklaceSO COOL!  Amazonite, Crystal, and PearlsLady Bug Garden Necklace Quail Feather EarringsSouthwest Inspired Pendant NecklaceTigereye TemptationRed Coral and Turquoise NecklaceBeaded Turquoise, Coral, Marble Pendant Necklace


-Michelle of CreativeCritters

1 comment:

  1. She does great work - but I especially love the Texas Ice-storm piece!

    ReplyDelete