Tuesday, June 9, 2009

I'm tired!

I've been incredibly busy lately. Gramma came home from the hospital Friday, and was doing pretty good until about 3am when she got a bad dizzy spell. She has something called Labrynthitis, and gets incredibly dizzy and nauseous sometimes. Then on top of that she got a bout of diarrhea, so I was up with her all night long. She's still pretty weak, and has spent the last few days in bed, but is slowly regaining her strength. She does try hard though. She does the best she can to help me out. I gave her a sponge bath yesterday and she said she felt like a new woman. They really didn't take very good care of her in the hospital. She's starting to get her appetite back, as well, which will go a long way in regaining her strength. The nurse's aid came today and gave her another bath, and she'll be coming twice a week for a while. Tomorrow the physical therapist should come, and maybe we'll get an idea of exactly where Gramma stands, strength wise. I haven't gotten much sleep since she came home though. I need to help her to the bathroom, and she takes a diuretic, so that's a lot of trips during the night. I've learned how to organize all her medications, and how to test her blood sugar, and she even "allowed" me to pay her bills and balance her check book. For Gramma, that's showing a LOT of trust in me. Of course I showed her everything I was doing so she felt assured it was all done right.
When I went out to get the paper this morning I realized that the grass in the front yard had gotten REALLY tall, so I figured I'd better get it mowed before somebody complained to the city and we got fined. Things have been so crazy lately I hadn't even noticed how much it had grown. Then of course there's always housework, dishes, cooking, clothes washing, cleaning litterboxes, and all that other fun stuff which never goes away on it's own. I do my best to keep the house as clean as I can. I don't like a dirty house. Granted, the downstairs (where my husband and I live) is more cluttered than usual, but I'll let that slide a bit in order to keep the upstairs (where Gramma lives) clean. If only I could get my husband to do some housecleaning. Ah well, a girl can dream.
Of course there's a lot more that's been going on, but I pulled a muscle in my shoulder while getting Gramma up, so I think I'm about done typing for now. I'm ready for bed, but I've still got plenty to do- no rest for the wicked!
-Michelle of CreativeCritters

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are taking great care of your Gramma... so kind of you! I hope she is feeling better soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there! Sounds like a lot right now!

    ReplyDelete