Wednesday, November 25, 2009

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!




HAPPY THANKSGIVING!


 


Hard to believe it's "turkey day" already (where did the year go?).  Unfortunately I won't be able to have dinner with my husband's family this year, as we usually do.  I can't leave Gramma for that long and too many of his relatives are sick. I can't afford to bring the flu back home .  I will be cooking a small turkey breast and a few sides, but nothing too fancy.  I am very grateful that my in laws are here for the holiday though.  It's been far too long since I've seen them, and I really missed Mom especially.  I got pretty lucky when it comes to in lawsSmile.  While I won't get to see Mom and Dad on Thanksgiving, I will get to see them during the weekend.  Another little miracle I'm thankful for is that my cat Ozzy seems to be feeling much better.  He's eating well, and even came upstairs to say hi to Mom and Dad while they were over.  He's been playful and vocal, just like he normally is.  I also want to thank everyone who sent kind wishes his way.  I think all those postive thoughts helpedWink.


I'm thankful, too, that I found ArtFire, and met so many wonderful artists there.  I've had more sales and more positive feedback than anywhere else I've sold.  I've also been inspired to try more complex projects and dared to go outside my comfort zone a bit.  I think this is a wonderful venue for me, and I've felt comfortable on ArtFire from day one.  I've learned SO much since I started on ArtFire it's amazing. Heck, I'm even able to help the newbies nowWink.


Then there's my family- I'm very thankful for those who have helped, comforted, and supported me in all I've done throughout the years.  I guess I'm pretty lucky to have family and friends who have encouraged me to take my creativity and artwork further.  They had faith in my abilities long before I did.  My best friend, Monica, is an absolute angel.  She's always been there for me, through good times and through some really bad times.  We were college roommates and have been best friends ever since.  I think it was fate that we met.  She's made me a better person and she can always bring a smile to my face.


While a lot a things in my life have been incredibly difficult and downright bad, when I think about it, I have a whole lot to be thankful for.  I have wonderful friends and family, a roof over my head, Gramma's still here, and I'm doing what I love for a living (being an artist, that is).  There's a lot more I have to be thankful for, but I don't want to bore youLaughing.  So when life is really getting you down, try to remember the good things.  Even something as simple as a sunset, or the warm breeze through your hair, or the purr of your cat, is something to be thankful for.  So I want to wish you all a very happy Thanksgiving!  Now go eat lots of turkey and pass out on the couch!


-Michelle of CreativeCritters


No comments:

Post a Comment