Thursday, November 5, 2009

Here there be dragons!



I've loved dragons since I was about 12 years old.  I find the variety of different types of dragons just fascinating.  Some can be silly and whimsical, some wise and well educated, some ferocious killers.  I've created a lot of dragons, some as sculptures, some as jewelry, and a few as stuffed animals.  For me, there really are no rules when creating dragons.  They can come in any color imaginaginable, and be as big as a house, or small enough for a tiny fairy to ride.  Some have smooth skin, some have textured skin, and some have thousands of individual scales.  Dragons always take quite a bit of time to create, as I try to add as much detail as possible.  Scorch the Rockin Dragon took more than a month to complete, and is the most complicated project I've attempted yet.  I've even got an idea hatching for a knit dragon.  I think I'll probably wait until after the holidays to try that one.  Creating my own knitting patterns takes time and concentration, two things I'm pretty short of during the holiday season!  Many of my dragons are inspired by fantasy stories by authors such as Mercedes Lackey, Piers Anthony, JK Rowling, and Terry Brooks, to name just a few.  All of my dragons are one of a kind creations, and they each seem to have their own personality.Wink Below are some of the different dragons available in my studio.  You can click on the picture to go directly to the listing.  And be sure to check back often- I add new items quite frequently.  Thanks for stopping by!Smile


Elvina the Elf Seeks Advice from Drucylla the Dragon Fantasy sculptureDarwin the Dragon sculptureGreen and Orange Dragon necklaceRed and Gold Dragon necklaceGreen and Yellow Dragon NecklaceBlue and Green Dragon necklaceScorch The Rockin' Dragon sculptureGreen and Gold Dragon earringsDragon Hatchling fantasy sculpture


-Michelle of CreativeCritters


No comments:

Post a Comment