Monday, September 14, 2009

Kitties say "Thank you, Button"!





I've made some wonderful friends on ArtFire, and Buttonwilloe is one of my favorites. I got to know her a bit better when she lost her cat Banjo. If you need a smile in your day, visit her shop, or read her blog. She make the most delightful clay sculptures and ornaments. Recently, after she read my post about my cats, she emailed asking for my address so she could send them a gift. How sweet is that? Although we've never met in person, I feel we have much in common, and it's easy to see what a good person she is. Anyway, I got her package in the mail today. Somehow those cats knew it was for them before I even opened it! There was a catnip mouse and something that looks sort of like an octopus. The funny thing is, Cedric loves catnip mice, and Ozzy loves thing that have legs or strings dangling from them. I don't know how she knew, but Buttonwilloe sent exactly the right present for each cat. Cedric claimed his mouse immediately and began throwing it all over the house. Ozzy wrestled with his octopus for a while, then sat on it to make sure Cedric didn't try to steal it. I love to see them acting like kittens, especially since they're 13 and 11 years old. So Button, if you read this, Ozzy and Cedric say a very big "THANK YOU!". And I thank you as well (and I'm thinking of something to send your furbabies as well!)

-Michelle of CreativeCritters

2 comments:

  1. Dear, sweet Michelle! I am so thrilled to see your babies enjoying their treats! Thanks for posting the pics so I could see them. Thank you so much for all the kind things you said. A little embarassing, though. Your encouragments and messages to me have helped me so much after losing my precious Banjo. We know our babies are waiting for us at the rainbow bridge. It brings tears to my eyes right now because I feel like Banjo is looking out waiting for me there. He was such a cuddler. Always with me. I hope he doesn't miss me the way I do him. I'm sure he's with his best friend Webster (our just previous kitty). He was a love, too. We resucued him and he thought I was his mommy. Used to snuggle in my ear. Purr so loud. It was hard saying goodby to him, too. They're together now.
    Thank you again, my artfire friend.
    (((hugs))) button

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, your kitties are adorable! And they seem very happy with their new presents :)

    ReplyDelete