Tuesday, September 1, 2009

New Halloween Costume Dolls from CreativeCritters

After taking a bit of a break from dollmaking, I'm back at it again.  This time I've got Halloween on my mind.  So I thought, what could be cuter than dolls dressed in Halloween costumes?  As a kid I loved dressing up for Halloween.  One of the first costumes Gramma ever made me was a kitty cat costume (I've always been a cat lover).  So my first Costume Doll is wearing an adorable black cat costume.  These dolls are nice enough for doll collectors, yet safe for children.  They can be dressed and undressed (something all kids love to do), and they're very cuddly and nice to hold.  Everything is carefully handsewn, including their underwear, which always has their name printed on the waistband.  Each doll has their own personality, which usually comes out after I paint their eyes.  I love each and every doll I create, and strive to do the best job I can.


This is Katy, known to her friends as Kat. She is a 17" tall handcrafted cloth doll. She and her clothes were completely handsewn with great care. She's made from muslin and stuffed with polyester fiberfill. Her pretty blue eyes were painted with fabric paint and sealed with a high gloss glaze. Her light blond hair was made from soft wavy Homespun yarn. Her arms have plastic safety joints, allowing her to be posed. Kat is ready for Halloween and a night of trick or treating in her black cat costume. The one piece costume is made of soft fleece and has a tail sewn to the back. It has a zipper on the front and pink felt paw pads on the hands and feet. Kat also wears a removeable elastic headband with her cat ears sewn on. She's also wearing underwear with her name printed on the waistband. She even carries her pumpkin basket, ready to fill with Halloween candy. I made this from orange felt with a wire handle. Katy would be a wonderful gift for any child or doll collector. Katy is a one of a kind original creation, handcrafted with love. I've signed and dated the bottom of her right foot.

 


Katy a cloth doll in a Cat Halloween costume


Stop by CreativeCritters on ArtFire.com to see all the dolls (and other creations) I have in stock.  Be sure to check back often, as I list new items daily.  Thanks for looking!


-Michelle of CreativeCritters

No comments:

Post a Comment