Sunday, October 18, 2009

Halloween creations from CreativeCritters


Lighted Glow in the Dark Pumpkin House sculpture

I figured now would be a good time to showcase some of my Halloween creations. The picture above is my Lighted Glow in the Dark Pumpkin house, which can be found in my Miniature Houses section.  It's appropriate for the entire fall season, and would make a great decoration along with your other Jack O Lanterns!  I've always enjoyed Halloween- dressing up, pretending to be someone or something completely different, allowing my imagination to run wild- it's a holiday that's just perfect for creative people!  And I have certainly been busy creating lately!  In September I came up with the idea for dolls dressed in Halloween costumes.  I've been making handsewn cloth dolls for a few years now (you can find quite a few in my Cloth Doll section), so putting them in fun costumes seemed like a natural progression.  So far I have 3 costume dolls completed and listed.


Katy a cloth doll in a Cat Halloween costumeFirst there's Katy, wearing her cat costume


Penelope, a handmade cloth doll wearing a Fairy Halloween CostumeThen there's Penelope, who's dressed as a fairy


Wendy the Witch doll and her Black Cat SpookAnd my newest addition, Wendy the Witch and her cat Spook.


I've also been making quite a few new sculptures.  I've been on quite a vampire kick lately.  I'm halfway through reading Twilight right now, and the ideas are coming fast and furious.  I haven't seen the movie, so I'm only being influenced by the images in my own head.  These two sculptures were created before I started reading the book.  I've been a fan of vampires since I was a teenager (I do enjoy horror and fantasy- LOL).


Lady Vampire sculptureThis is my Lady Vampire sculpture


Embrace of the Vampire sculptureAnd this is titled Embrace of the Vampire.  I must admit to being quite proud of this one.  It took a long time to complete and turned out very nice.


I've also been working on lots of fun new Halloween themed magnets and earrings.


Spiderweb with Dangling Spider magnetI just listed my Spiderweb magnet with Dangling Spider


Glow in the Dark Skull earringsThese Glow in the Dark Skull earrings are a lot of fun.


Handcrafted Glow in the Dark Ghost earringsThese Glow in the Dark Ghost earrings would be a spooky addition to your Halloween costume!


And of course there's a lot more where they came from!  I'm constantly working on new creations, so be sure to stop by often!  With this new blog I'll be able to keep everyone up to date on all my latest creative adventures.  Thanks for stopping by!Laughing


-Michelle of CreativeCritters


 


No comments:

Post a Comment