Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Animals in my life and art



A quick browse through my studio will be enough to tell you that I love animals.  My cats, Ozzy and Cedric, are in my avatar, and a sculpture of my ferret Ziggy is featured on my banner.  The picture above is Cedric, after a bit of catnip.Laughing I've had pets ever since I was a young child, and simply can't imagine life without animals.  It wasn't until I got Katherine Dewey's "Creating Lifelike Animals in Polymer Clay" that I felt a could sculpt a truly realistic animal.  You'll find many animal sculptures in my studio that were created with guidance from that book.  I also enjoy creating whimsical and fantasy animals- I have several dragon sculptures available.  And then there are stuffed animals, which I never really grew out of.  Once I learned how to sew and follow a pattern I made all sorts of stuffed animals, some to keep for myself and some to give as gifts.  When I (finally) figured out how to knit, and consequently found some books on knitting stuffed toys, I found a new avenue for my creativity.  Below are some of the animals available in my studio.  Just click on the picture to go directly to the listing.


Garden Harvest Bunny sculptureAdorable Cheetah sculptureBasset Hound sculptureMercury the CatGerman Shepherd Police Dog sculptureDarwin the Dragon sculptureScorch The Rockin' Dragon sculptureDragon Hatchling fantasy sculptureOrange and Yellow Striped Knit CatBlack and White Knit DogColorful handmade Knit BirdPurple and White Knit Bunny


And I'm always adding more, so be sure to check back often!  Thanks for looking!


-Michelle of CreativeCritters


No comments:

Post a Comment