Friday, July 3, 2009

12 Midnight Oils- AMAZING oil paintings and more!

Cindi, of 12 Midnight Oils on ArtFire.com paints some of the most gorgeous landscape scenes!  You feel like you walking through the peaceful woods as you gaze at these incredible oil paintings.  I'm a real nature lover, so these paintings resonate deep in my soul.


Artisan Biography for 12MidnightOils

"I became intrigued with landsape oil painting when a friend of mine was channel surfing and happened upon Bob Ross' painting show.


His demeanor was so quiet and calm that it drove my friend nuts! I kinda liked his calmness since it was such a crazy time in my life.
After I moved away from her, I continued to watch and decided it was time for me to see if it WAS really as easy as he made it look...
And I've been painting ever since; I like to release my paintings to the public in a series of 12 with a similar theme.
For instance "In the woods" can mean a lot of things, to a lot of different people. Hopefully when you are looking through a chosen series you will find one that appeals to you.
Selling online has opened a whole new world to me with photography. So I am now offering note cards of my favorite images."

I'm also a fan of Bob Ross, and no matter what he says, I doubt it's "that easy".  It takes talent and vision to create paintings as lovely as these.  Cindi obviously has that talent, and the all important "artist's soul".  Here is a sample of what you can find in her shop.  Stop by and see all she has to offer!

ACEO Sunset At the River Limited Edition 2 of 25Into The Woods Original Abstract Landscape Oil Painting Rustic Retreat Original Landscape Oil PaintingCabin At Water's Edge Original Landscape Oil PaintingThe Sky's No Limit Original Oil PaintingWaterfall In The Woods Original Landscape Oil PaintingAutumn In The Woods Original Oil Landscape PaintingOverlooking The Lake Original Landscape Oil PaintingWhose Woods Are These Original Landscape Oil Painting

I just love these paintings!  "Overlooking the Lake" reminds me of where I lived when I was a teenager.  These paintings feel like "home" to me.  Can't you just imagine them in your home?

-Michelle of CreativeCritters

1 comment: