Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Beautiful Candles from SoyScentual on ArtFire.com

VAl Ewing, of Kansas City Kansas, opened SoyScentual on ArtFire.com 12-19-08. The studio announcement reads: "Soy Scentuals' soy candles are hand poured and made from the highest quality natural soy wax, grown and processed in the United States. My soy wax contains no pesticides or herbicides. Candle wicks are made from 100% cotton, primed with 100% vegetable wax and contain NO metal. I use only the highest quality fragrance oil and FDA approved dye. Your soy candles are made exclusively for you, when you order them.
Soy Candle selections include soy votives, soy tealights, and soy tarts. (For warmers) We also have a wide selection of soy container candles including contemporary, elegant and the classic Mason Jar. Each Soy Candle is optimally scented and made with 100% Natural Soy Wax. I offer a reasonably priced, eco-friendly soy candle and maintain the highest quality standards. 200 Fragrance choices.
Fragrance selections and descriptions can be viewed at my website. www.soyscentual.net (Left navigation bar.)
I avoid using plastic when possible. Your soy candles will be securely wrapped in newspaper! If you wish conventional packaging, please contact me and let me know at the time of your purchase
PLEASE RECYCLE!
All products on this site are Eco-Friendly and Cruelty Free!"


Artisan Biography for SoyScentual:

"I enjoy making candles, I love that I bring joy into a person's life, even if it is in such a small way. I enjoy graphic and web design and have my degree in that field.

I donate to Defenders of Wildlife when I am able. I do make sure that 1% of the proceeds from my candle business goes there! DOW is my charity of choice.

I started making soy candles for myself and decided to pursue selling them and perhaps informing people of the benefits of burning soy instead of paraffin."

Customer comments include: "I bought this as a gift for my sister, she is crazy about this scent. As I brought this home my car smelled super, my sister loves the candle and says that it burns clean and will last her until her birthday in December. (I think that was a hint for more) She probably will get it because I can't beat the price or quality anywhere else. Thanks for super merchandise" and "This scent was great, but I was most impressed with the way they burn. There was no dark soot left on the jars and the soy wax left no residue in the containers. They burn as well as (if not better than) candles you order from high priced catalog candle companies but at a much more affordable price."

Obviously Val makes some great handcrafted candles.  Here are a few of my favorites.



Soy TealightsChubby Hearts Soy MeltsSoy Melts (Tarts) Yellow ducks8 ounce Frosted Hurricane Container Soy CandleRose embossed heart soy meltsSoy Melts/Tarts - Yummy StrawberriesSoy Container Candle - 22 OZSoy Candle - 22 ounce Heart Shaped Soy Votives - Strawberries and Cream

Stop by SoyScentual to see all she has to offer!  You can also find SoyScentual on her website soyscentual.net, as well as on Facebook, Twitter, and IndiePublic.

-Michelle of CreativeCritters






No comments:

Post a Comment