Thursday, July 23, 2009

Heather Designs on ArtFire.com makes beautiful handcrafted jewelry and beads

Heather opened HeatherDesigns on ArtFire.com 9-10-08. Her Bio from her website, Square One Beads, reads:





































My name is Heather and I am a beadaholic. I live in South Central Wisconsin with my husband, Brian and our German Shepherd, Summer and our Boxer mix Spike.

I’ve been a jewelry designer since 2002 and a lampworker since 2005. I started out making my own jewelry because I have a nickel allergy and couldn’t wear the cute pieces I saw at department stores. From there I got into polymer clay and then the glass bug bit and I’ve been hooked ever since. I love to play with all sorts of different medias. I use lampwork beads made by myself and other lampwork artists, art clay silver, polymer clay, gemstones, precious metals, and just about anything else that catches my eye.

Inspiration can hit me from anywhere. I may be inspired by a blouse I saw someone wearing one day and by the flowers in my garden the next. I try to let the colors and textures of the world around me enter thru my eyes and exit thru my fingertips. Only you can tell me whether I've succeeded or not.

I am a full time glass and jewelry artist. I also oil paint and an Aveda trained Aesthetician.

I teach classes at Blue Door Studios in Watertown, WI and do traveling classes on an as requested basis. If you are in the Madison/Milwaukee areas of Wisconsin and would like to take a class check out the classes link on the left. If you are further away feel free to email me and we can discuss my coming to you.

As usual, special orders are always welcome. Please contact me directly to discuss any requests you might have. I look forward to filling all your jewelry needs.

Heather can also be found on Facebook, Twiiter, YouTube, and her blog, SquareOneBeads. Below is just a sample of her delightful work. Personally, I just love the Seahorse necklace. All her work is just wonderful though. Stop by her shop to see everything HeatherDesigns has to offer!


Kumihimo Cords - CottonPurple Fantasy Lampwork, Pearl, and Amethyst NecklacePurple Roses Lampwork Bead earrings Fused Glass Pendant and Earring Set - Free ShippingCalla Lily Lampwork Focal beadFloral Lampwork and Silver bracelet - Free ShippingSeahorse Necklace - Free ShippingAqua Scroll Lampwork Bracelet - Free Shipping


-Michelle of CreativeCritters



No comments:

Post a Comment