Wednesday, July 29, 2009

A Kimberly Design on Artfire.com

Kimberly, of Leander Texas, opened AKimberlyDesign on ArtFire.com 1-2-09. Her Studio Sections include: Art, ACEO, Jewelry, purses, and AFSP. 


Artisan Biography for akimberlydesign: "My life as an artist...

I went to art school to study fashion illustration and graphic design.
One day I found myself in a yarn shop, and was inspired to become a knitter. All the texture and color was amazing. Several years later found me standing in front of a wall of colorful thread, more texture, endless possibilities, this was when I started to needle point.
As I continued to evolve, I discovered I could make tassels. I began teaching the art of tassel making, which led to designing my own free-form needle art. I then created a line of wearable art pins which provided several years of commission sales.
Viola! I began publishing and distributing. Now life was getting exciting, I attended markets with a tag stating that I was a designer and a teacher with my own line of charted needlepoint designs. This was a wonderful time in my life.
I'm now semi retired. I say semi, as I will never totally be 'out of it'. I love being creative."

She can also be found at http://akimberlydesign.blogspot.com.  Below is a sample of the wonderful work available from this talented artist.

Movement II Original Art PrintBrown Bear, original needlepoint embellished toteFlowers in the Sky ACEO printFlower Power Heart (4Blue Glass and Silver NecklaceAvery's Dragon, original art printHeartful (4Unique Glass NecklaceBlack and Red Glass, simple necklace

-Michelle of CreativeCritters

 

No comments:

Post a Comment