Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Andrea Designs on ArtFire.com

Andrea, of El Paso Texas, opened AndreaDesigns on ArtFire.com 12-5-08.  Her Studio Categories include Baby clothing, Scarfette, Shawls, Artfire stimulus package, Scarves, Summer Shawls, Men scarves, Capelets, and Skinny scarves.  Her Artisan Biography reads: "Welcome to my shop. My name is Andrea, I love to knit and create different things like jewelry, cards, you name it. I design scarves, ponchos, shawls, baby clothing etc. In general I handknit however sometimes I used a knitting machine.
I was a knitting machine trainer, I did all my clothing, including dresses, jacquets, sweater, pants, baby clothing, you name it. When I got married (20 years ago) and came to USA, I did not bring my knitting machine with me (big mistake), after several years working as a Supervisor in a Call Center, I started to think I could buy a new knitting machine to do stuff for me and my husband and have a small busniness. I started to research in my city for places to buy one, then I realized that in the US, people do not buy knitting machines, like in my country to make their own clothing, meaning no places in my city to buy one..I started searching the internet looking at the big brands, and I learned the prices were so expensive (almost US $2,000.00 for the machine). I bought one, the salesperson was in other city and state close to mine, one of her duties as a knitting machine seller was to provide the first class for her customer, extra classes were US $20.00 per hour; because I did not need the training she gave me a cone of yarn instead...What I wanted was to work doing scarves, but the end product was not what I was expecting ...because I did not know were to find yarn in my city; I started searching the internet for places, brand,..I discovered a new world...I fall in love with yarn I could not use in my knitting machine, then I started using the needles and crochet again....I design scarves, shawls, ponchos, baby clothing, scarfette using beautiful yarns combined with differents types of textures, that is soft to your skin, light, comfortable, elegant and breath taking> My goal is reached when my customer is happy with the product she chose and tells me she was asked... .WHERE DID YOU GET THAT? IT IS SO BEAUTIFUL.!.. I am in the Master Knitter Program to become a Master Knitter."


Studio Announcement:

"CHRISTMAS IN JULY SALE... EVERYTHING 30% OFF AND FREE SHIPPING... PRICES ALREADY MARK DOWN..UNTIL 31 JULY...THANK YOU ============================================================================================================ In ANDREA DESIGNS studio, You will find beautiful knitted handmade scarves, shawls, ponchos, baby clothing and more... My inspiration comes from the different materials and color of the yarn. I love to use alpaca yarn, mohair, angora, cashmere, fine acrylic and fine wools; now in summer I am working with cotton. I AM OFFERING FREE SHIPPING IN ALL PRODUCTS!

I am committed to giving the best customer service possible. I want your experience be the best when you are dealing with me"


She has a blog at AndreaDesigns.blogspot.com and can also be found on Twitter and IndiePublic.  Below is just a sample of some of her amazing work.  Be sure to stop in and see all she has to offer!


 


SKINNY SCARF” LILA”ARTFIRE STIMULUS PACKAGE - SCARF THE WOW SCARF #6PINK/SALMON CAPELET BLACK PERUVIAN ALPACA SCARF THE BLACK ONYX GREEN PEACOCK SCARFBLUE SKY SCARFTROPICAL DREAM SCARFLETTEwow scarf # 4SHAWL ARTFIRE STIMULUS PACKAGE - THE TULIPS


-Michelle of CreativeCritters


 

No comments:

Post a Comment