Sunday, July 5, 2009

More Thank You's for the generous artists on ArtFire.com

Today I'm featuring more artists who have helped me try to recover some of the money lost from Tonya Pendley's scam.  See my Warning! blog for all the details about what happened a few weeks ago.  The outpouring of support from all of my friends on Artfire has just filled my heart, and I've decided to thank them by promoting their studios.


Today we have KraftyLady:


Artisan Biography for kraftylady:

I make all sort of crafts items from knitted hats, sweaters,shrug, and more to knitted necklaces, beaded items and home decor. I've been in business for 25 years and still have so many ideas in my head that I can't process them or produce them fast enuf!

Miniature Dressmakers/Quilter's HutchWinter Cardinal 18 x 24 with free shippingBaby Dress and Shrug Set OOAKColorWaves Scarf


Silver River Jewelry:


Artisan Biography for SilverRiverJewelry:

I have a passion for my family, the outdoors and designing jewelry. I am also an avid reader and enjoy being on the water. I love summer and am not so thrilled with winter (this is an issue since I live in Ohio lol!).

I love what I do. For me the whole process is fascinating. It is like treasure hunt, from finding the perfect combination of stones or beads, to manipulating the metal with hammer and fire. Digging a stone out of the ground that looks like nothing special only to open it up and find beauty inside. There is something elementally satisfying in that.

Charm Bracelet Blue Ocean GardensSterling Silver and Purple Flourite Big Bold and Chunky EarringsGreen Marble Gold Necklace DragonPearl Necklace Dragon Fly Dreams


Trinkets and Treasures:


Artisan Biography for TrinketsandTreasures:


I saw a flyer for a silver art clay class and thought it would be fun, I loved it. I wanted to add beads to one of my metal art clay pieces so I took a class in beading. I just kept taking more classes, wire wrapping, pearl knotting, chain maille, and fused glass, lapidary, metalsmithing. I took a few more silver art clay classes & I decided to become a certified instructor in silver art clay. I am always taking some kind of class, I love learning. I made a studio in my home and spend all my free time creating something, learning new ways and new things to create. I also love the beach, fossil hunting, rockhounding and reading.

Stars and Moon White and Blue Heart EarringsSilver and Dichroic Glass Pendant Dragonfly Fine Silver Handmade PendantSwarovski Blue Crystal & Sterling Silver Ring






Artisan Biography for BAKidagain:

My name is Carla and I have been making glow in the dark ornaments since 2001 (for a few years before that the ornaments didn't glow in the dark but were still loved and cherrished by many.)

Feel free to contact me for bulk orders, wholesale orders and for your fund raising needs. I have special pricing put in place.
I'm a single mom of 2 teens that I also home school. Things do get a little hectic around here during "Hurricane Christmas" so I tend to pay the kids to help and have to hire a friend or 2 as well.



Happy Elephant Glow in the Dark OrnamentKokopelli Glow in the Dark OrnamentSagitarius (Zodiac) Glow in the Dark OrnamentSpotted Mushrooms Glow in the Dark Ornament






Artisan Biography for MDavisDesigns:

I hope you enjoy the designs I have made as much as I have enjoyed making them. Please come back often and check what I have added. I make new jewelry almost everyday and will try to add more pictures of my creations every few days. Just enjoy! I would love to hear from you, please feel free to email me and let me know what you think of an item/s.

I ship out in one or two days. Sometimes, if it works out, I will ship the same day of purchase.





Blue Sapphire Bead and Copper Wire Wrapped BraceletGreen Teardrop Cabochon Copper Wire Wrapped Beaded NecklaceTurquoise Beaded Sunshine Dangle Handmade EarringsPink, White, and Silver Flower with Teal Colored Leaves Brooch Pin






Artisan Biography for Butterfly-Crafts:

Hello and welcome to Butterfly-Crafts!

I have enjoyed crafting for as long as I can remember and it is a hobby I can never grow bored of, every time I pick up a project to continue I keep saying - oh just stitch one more row or make just one more card before i can pack away for the night.
Cross stitch will always be my weakness, I love nothing more than picking up some fabric and sifting through patterns for a new project. I have made small 'initials' pictures up to much larger fire screens and baby samplers and my friends and family frequently have an cross stitch card. Take a look in the custom gallery for my larger pieces.
I have been making cards with mixed media for a few years now. I love the way a few pieces of paper and card can be turned into something wonderful and given as a gift.
I am always trying to expand my craft skills and I have been knitting and crocheting since 2008 and I am thoroughly enjoying them and learning new stitches all of the time! I knit on the train to work, in my lunch break, on the train home from work - heck, any chance I get!
I try to run my store with my creative mission in mind. My mission is:
1) Ensure that I enjoy what I am making and be conscientious when making,
2) To make all of my items by hand
3) To design cards that I believe will bring a smile to the face of the recipient
From time to time I will also have craft supplies available if I am destashing my supplies.
I am happy to talk about custom designs such as changing the colour of an item or the words on a card. Just hit the Contact button.
Please remember that I am in the UK and shipping might take a bit longer for my items to reach you depending on where you live. Please allow 5-12 days for shipping times. So if you need a special occasion card order a bit earlier to make sure you get it in time
Thank you for taking the time to stop by by store.
Butterfly Crafts

Christmas Card with lilac baubles (handmade)Christmas Card in blue with Penguin (handmade)Christmas Card with DecorationsFlower Pots Decoupage 'Best Wishes' Card

Not only are these wonderful artists with a wide array of beautifully done pieces, but they are truly good people.  Stop by their shops and show 'em some love!

-Michelle of CreativeCritters




No comments:

Post a Comment